Build your audience with professionally written, unbiased, objective and trusted editorial book reviews.
Professionally written book reviews are one of the most powerful tools available to authors for getting their books before the eyes of readers and media professionals.
Chanticleer Editorial Book Reviews Discover Today’s Best Books
- Objective, Unbiased, Trusted
- Vetted by Where Writers Win, Alliance of Independent Authors, IBPA, & Writing Assoc., and more.
- Read by Librarians, Publishers, Distributors, Literary Agents, Film Executives, & Booksellers
Each one of CBR’s published reviews are
- Posted on CBR’s high traffic website
- Distributed in CBR’s E-news letters reaching thousands of CBR subscribers
- Promoted every 4-to-6 weeks in social media postings
- Posted to online book distributors and review sites
- 4 and 5 starred reviews are published in CBR’s Quarterly magazine
- Linked to author’s or publisher’s website to increase interaction with readers
- Turbo-charged with a CBR customized SEO package (Search Engine Optimization)
- Exclusive promotional and book marketing packages are available for 4 and 5 starred CBR’s reviews
Request a Review Today!
What does a Chanticleer Book Review provide?
- All CBR book reviews are objective, editorial reviews that run approximately 350-700 words
- Works are reviewed within the specific genre’s reader’s expectations
- Each work is assigned to a editor/reviewer who specializes in the work’s particular genre
- A Leader Quote that appears at the top of the review that can be used as a stand alone marketing quote.
- A handcrafted except that can be used whenever and wherever the full review is linked online to a leader article
- The body of the review goes into the details that are specified below
- The closing paragraph gives author’s credentials (if appropriate), the rating of the work by the professional reviewer, and if it is part of a series or not.
- Any and every part of a review written and published by CBR is yours to use as you choose.
- If the review is not positive, the author/publisher may select not to let the review be posted or published. The review is the property of the author/publisher.
Positive reviews generate content for:
- Social Media Posts
- Point of Sale Marketing Materials
- Shelf Talkers
- Press Releases
- Author Platforms and Websites
- Book Discovery
- Distribution Reviews
- Increasing Book Sales
How much does a Chanticleer Book Review cost?
Standard book review service (six to nine weeks) costs $325. If you need a review sooner, you may purchase expedited service (three to five weeks) for an additional $150.
What attributes do reviewers look for when evaluating a book?
Our reviewers look for the following attributes when reading a book:
- Is the story compelling? (content is king/queen)
- Professionalism of editing and formatting
- Continuity of story-line
- Satisfying ending (not necessarily “happy”)
- Intriguing opening
- Uniqueness of story
- Writing craft
- Plotting craft
- and other criteria that is genre specific such as red herrings in mysteries, suspense building technique in thrillers, etc.
What types of works are accepted and how are they evaluated?
We review all genres, both fiction and non-fiction. All books submitted for a CBR review are reviewed within their specific genres, although we do support genre blending. Reviewers are selected for their specific genre experience and knowledge and books are assigned appropriately. We understand that different readers are looking for different types of reading experiences. Your book may be published in any of the following ways:
- e-pub books
- traditionally published books from publishing houses
- hybrid published works
- self-published/Indie published books
Neither cover design nor publication date will affect your review. Our reviewers evaluate novels on their content and merit.
Who Will Review My Book?
All of the CBR professional reviewers and editors work in the publishing industry or have retired from it. CBR reviewers are spread across the U.S., hailing from diverse backgrounds, and are experienced in the publishing arena as editors, journalists, university professors, librarians, booksellers, literary conference leaders, book distributors, published authors, several incognito professional book reviewers for newspapers and magazines, and even a few literary agents. When we receive a submission at the home office, our editorial team selects the best reviewer for that particular book.
What Happens When the CBR Review of My Book is Complete?
We will submit the CBR review of your book to you for you to decide if you want to go public with it. Or not.
A CBR book review will belong to you to use as you see fit to promote your book. All that is required is that you give Chanticleer Book Reviews attribution for the review or any blurb of the review that is used in print, on-line, or audio-visually. Remember, the published CBR book review is yours to promote your book.
Okay, I give you approval to go public with the review, now what happens?
After we receive your approval, we will post the review to:
- Chanticleer Book Reviews’ website. The review will also be promoted in our newsletter.
- On CBR’s social media: FaceBook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest (cover)
- Your review will be also posted to GoodReads, Amazon, and to our growing list of review sites as a Chanticleer Book Review.
- Your review may be published in our online magazine.
You may use the review as a professional Editorial Review on Amazon, your publisher’s site, and your own website and blog.
If the book receives 4 stars or above, you will have the option of placing it in our Chanticleer Book Shelves located in Independent Book Stores across the U.S.
What happens if the review is negative or I choose to keep out of public view?
Your Chanticleer Book Review may be positive or negative or anywhere in between. The CBR review belongs to you. You have the option not to have it published or distributed to CBR’s media resources and affiliations. However, you will have received honest and objective feedback that is for your eyes only.
The choice is up to you. Remember, we will always submit the book review to you first. You will have the decision of whether or not to go public with it.
In this new age of unbounded publishing, ask yourself these questions…
Which book would you order on-line or purchase at the booksellers?
One with a professional editorial review or one without a professional editorial review?
Which book do you think will receive more notice by media professionals, booksellers, & librarians?
One with a professional review, one with several professional reviews, or one with no professional reviews?
Do You Want to Increase Sales of Your Book?
To increase sales of a book or to help a book to go viral, several positive, trusted editorial reviews are needed for publicity and marketing.
How Will Your Book Grab the Media Professionals Attention?
Media Professionals (who are always looking for the next bestseller, cult classic, or blockbuster) depend on unbiased reviews to help them sift through the million-plus volumes of new books that hit the market every year. From local booksellers to publishers scouring Amazon, book reviews are what most media professionals depend on to sift through millions of titles of books.
Is Your Book Ready for a Chanticleer Review?
A Chanticleer Book Review is for serious authors who are ready for professionally reviewed, unbiased, objective assessments of their work.
In 2015, it is predicted that more than two million new titles sill vie for the Reader’s attention.
How Will Your Book Get Discovered?
A Chanticleer Book Review may, indeed, be the first step in placing your work into the hands of a literary agent, a publishing house representative or that all important elusive reader who is deciding what to read next.